Thank you so much for joining us for Episode 24. Today is Friday, 1/30/15
What We're Wearing:
* Linda is wearing the cowl she made from the yarn she spun from Peggy at the 100th Sheep
* Brianne is wearing the Traveling Woman shawl
* Linda got her mammogram and bone density scan today. Take care of yourselves!!!
What We're Knitting:
* Linda is knitting scissor fob/needle holder in the shape of hearts that she is going to sell
What Came Off The Needles:
* Linda finished more crocheted cowls!
* Brianne finished Ms Wick
* Linda spun a white and green yarn with some striped areas. She's been finding ways to use little bits of wool. She also played with a tighter ply. Linda noticed that it lost a lot of it's squishiness.
* Brianne plied a skein of white BFL. It looks significantly better than her first skein of yarn. Yay! Plying, washing and thwacking cover a multitude of sins!
Are You Kidding Me?!:
* Mom un-knit more than she knit
* Brianne found plying using the inner and outer of a single skein to be really difficult
Gilding The Lily:
* Brianne went crazy with her Christmas money at The Loopy Ewe
It's a Good Thing!:
* Linda watched a series on Netflix called World War II: The Last Heroes.
* Brianne is so happy that Owen got another clean bill of health from his oncologist and that he will be able to get his port-a-cath removed after April!
* Whip Through Your WIPs
For the rest of January and February we’re going to be focusing on wrangling our Works In Progress (WIP) into submission. You can do that in two ways. 1) You can finish the project. 2) You can unravel (aka: rip out) the project.
You may only have one post in this thread but as many projects as you like inside of that post. Just keep editing it to add projects!
Please provide a link to your Ravelry project page for this project, as well as provide a picture. We want to keep this fair for everyone!
This thread will close on February 28th and the winner will be chosen by Random Number Generator on March 1st. Mama Linda and I will be WIPing along with you, but we are not eligible for the prize, which is a beautiful cable needle from Wolfe Farms.
* Choose Joy!
As a part of Brianne’s theme of Choose Joy, we’d love for you to contribute your ideas of ways to choose joy in your life! Help inspire us with your joyful ideas. :)
The winner will receive a skein of yarn and stitch markers from TurtleMade.
You may only post once in this thread. Feel free to put as many ideas as you’d like in this one post, but do not post more than once.
You must be a part of the group to win.
The thread will be closed on February 14th and the winner will be chosen by Random Number Generator.