Thank you so much for joining us for Episode 26. Today is Wednesday, 2/18/15
What We're Wearing:
* Brianne is wearing a cowl made out of her first handspun yarns
The calendar app Brianne uses is called Cozi and it is AMAZING!!!
Please Be Our Guest!!! Today someone has chosen to Dance with Brianne... it's the very brave Kristy K (CroKnitGurl), who hosts the Bluegrass Spinner Podcast
What We're Knitting:
* Linda is knitting Something Red sweater
What Came Off The Needles:
* Linda finished Mama Cowl, a crocheted infinity scarf turned into a cowl by starting with only 120 chains. Designed by Nerri Pango. Also finished Cade cap by Heidi May. Both crocheted in Cascade 220 Color 2442. Also completed Handy Hearts from Handspun!
* Brianne finished a cowl made out of her first handspun yarns! The yarn is BFL.
* Linda made Cocoon Yarn and spun art yarn from Rolags. Instructions from "A Spinners Book of Yarn Designs" by Sarah Anderson.
* Brianne finished the second half of the green Malabrigo merino.
Gilding The Lily:
* Brianne received a lovely swap package from Stephanie (HotPinkSocks) and included was some Falkland wool along with some other fun things! Thank you so much, Stephanie!
It's a Good Thing!:
* Brianne and Linda both love knitting friends, near and far, on the Internet or in real life
* Choose Joy!
Winner is #12 wizzknits - Johnny. She said:
"The way I choose joy is when driving in the car and others may be self consumed and forget to turn on their signal or cut me off, I simply say to myself ”I’ve probably have done that before or I may do that and want forgiveness”.
I also choose joy when I go to work by not complaining and being happy I have been blessed with a job."
She won the skein of TurtleMade yarn and stitch markers!
* Whip Through Your WIPs
For the rest of January and February we’re going to be focusing on wrangling our Works In Progress (WIP) into submission. You can do that in two ways. 1) You can finish the project. 2) You can unravel (aka: rip out) the project.
You may only have one post in this thread but as many projects as you like inside of that post. Just keep editing it to add projects!
Please provide a link to your Ravelry project page for this project, as well as provide a picture. We want to keep this fair for everyone!
This thread will close on February 28th and the winner will be chosen by Random Number Generator on March 1st. Mama Linda and I will be WIPing along with you, but we are not eligible for the prize, which is a beautiful cable needle from Wolfe Farms
*March is for Matching"
In the Month of March we are going to knit something that is inspired by something that someone else has knit! You can knit something in the same pattern, color, yarn... any way that you can match it then you can count it as part of this knitalong!
We are going to have a contest thread and a chatter thread open in the Ravelry group. Please only post your finished objects in the contest thread and make sure that you have a link to your Ravelry project page for the project you're submitting.
The contest thread will close on March 31st and the winner will be chosen by Random Number Generator on April 1st. Mama Linda and I will be Matching along with you but will not be eligible for the prize, which is a pattern of your choice on Ravelry that costs $10 or less.
Bless your Heart:
And I command you today: Love GOD, your God. Walk in his ways. Keep his commandments, regulations, and rules so that you will live, really live, live exuberantly, blessed by GOD, your God, in the land you are about to enter and possess.
Deuteronomy 30:16 (The Message)