Thank you so much for joining us for Episode 18. Today is Wednesday, October 22, 2014
What We're Wearing:
* Linda loves making pretzel treats with Evan.
1 bag of mini pretzels
Place kiss on pretzel and lay on a cookie sheet
Place in a 350 oven for 5-7 min
Embed a candy corn on top.
So easy even I can make it!!!!
* Brianne had a birthday and received a couple of patterns from viewers and a much-needed, new ball winder from Mom and Dad!
What We're Knitting:
* Linda is knitting the Elizabeth, a Cardigan by Cecily Glowick MacDonald with handspun made from Shetland batts I purchased from Diamond B Ranch in Arkansas. And she wants to cast on fingerless Mitts with my gift yarn and my whirlwind Ranch yarn soooon!
* Brianne is knitting on Pogona by Stephen West. She now has the third section started! She also started the 5th Avenue Infinity Scarf by Margaux Hufnagle.
What Came Off The Needles:
* Linda finished Mama Vertebrae and the Inspira Cowl. Yay Me! Dreaming of Inspira #2! And a Handspun Eyelet Cowl
* Brianne finished Bryan's 2014 Christmas Socks! But can't believe that they were on the needles for 5 months!!!
Are You Kidding Me?!
* Linda learned more about reading charts. As in you don't read every lines right to left every time. What?!
* Brianne tried to make the Jojoland Tonic work for the Make Mine Strawberry sweater for Ailish. The yarn is all wrong for it gauge-wise and just knitting the swatch hurt her hands.
Gilding The Lily:
* Linda received Wool of the Andes in Larch colorway to make a layering piece for her wardrobe... Something Red by Wendy Bernard
* We were both sent an absolutely lovely package from Raveler Fiberfeen in Norway. She spoiled us with beautiful handspun, Drops yarns and a lot of Norwegian chocolate! Thank you so much for the fiber and chocolate love!!!
It's a Good Thing!:
* Linda loves the Russian Join Part Deaux and how to make a matching sleeve when you are clueless.
* Brianne loves the two new iTunes reviews by Knittingmom65 and KnittinSisters!!! That makes 22 reviews. iTunes review dance time!!!
* 400 Member Giveaway!
Our Ravelry group has surpassed 400 members! Yay! We will be giving away 3.6 oz of fiber from Eternity Ranch, a spindle from Mama Linda's private collection and a Respect The Spindle book to a member chosen by random number generator. In your post just tell us your favorite thing about the Fall season.
Rules: You must be a member of our group in order to win. 1 entry per person! Giveaway will run until October 30th.
Bless your Heart: