Thank you so much for joining us for Episode 12! Today is Friday, August 15, 2014
What We're Wearing:
* Linda is wearing Artfully Simple by Tamara Kelly found on Moogly.com
* Brianne is wearing her Cedar Leaf Shawlette by Alana Dakos out of Three Irish Girls Glenhaven Cashmerino Worsted. She is considering ripping it out and using the yarn for something else.
* Linda's brother, Gary brought her flowers!
* Brianne has been declared "The stealer of children's dreams" by oldest son Owen after she told him to clean up 10 things in the play room. She has also been called "The Misery Maker". Being overly dramatic MAY run in the family.
What We're Knitting:
* Linda is knitting green socks and ready to start Just Knit It by Stitchnerd Designs. A shallow triangle pattern written for any weight yarn and any yardage. Learned about this pattern from Tanya who has The Sampler Girl podcast. All other shawl pattern ideas have been shuffled further down the queue.
* Brianne is trying to finish up the Lena's socks. She's getting close! She also started some socks out of the Turtlemade Power Sock that she received last week. Aaaaand, there's another sock waiting in the wings (Spring Forward by Linda Welch)!!! And the Mountain Retreat Mittens by The Treadmill Knitter was gifted to her so those will probably be cast on soon! There's also a KAL for these mittens starting September 15th on her Ravelry group.
What Came Off The Needles:
* Linda finished Artfully Simple Infinity Scarf by Tamara Kelly in Red Heart Boutique Treasures in Spectrum Colorway, 4 Flower Power Dishrags, and a Beekeeper Quilt Flower by Tiny Owl Knits.
* Linda plied the final skein of fingering weight yarn from Unwind Yarn Company 4.3 oz Superwash BFL in Alpine colorway. Brianne now has 2 - 226 yard skeins of fingering for socks. (Love you sweetie.)
Are You Kidding Me?!
* Linda had the Accidental Möbius Debacle of 2014 and how she fixed it!
* Brianne got caught without knitting!!! Never again!
Gilding The Lily:
* Linda got a skein of Red Heart Boutique Treasures in Spectrum colorway to finish the Artfully Simple scarf.
It's a Good Thing!:
* Linda just discovered the "Your Pattern Highlights" feature on Ravelry
* Brianne created a knitting emergency kit for her purse.
Bless your Heart:
"Bring joy to your servant, Lord, for I put my trust in you." Psalm 86:4 NIV
Postcards from the Ozarks:
Sycamore Log Church