Thank you so much for joining us for Episode 11, Fri, Aug 8, 2014
What We're Wearing:
* Brianne is wearing Clapotis in Blue Heron yarn. Mom reminded me that there's a crocheted version of the Clapotis. You can find the pattern for it on this thread in our Ravelry group.
* Linda loved making hats for Stuffies
* Brianne loved hearing 4 year old Evan call her the most beautiful girl in the world
What We're Knitting:
* Linda is knitting the second green sock out Crock-O-Dye (and got the Fish Lips Kiss Heel right this time!) and plans on starting the Nostalgia Shawl
* Brianne is knitting Flax by Tincan Knits
What Came Off The Needles:
* Linda finished Knit Night, Flower Power Dishrags, & Scrubby Dots. We also discussed KnitPick's Dishie Yarn and Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton.
* Linda Plyed 1/2 of Unwind Yarn Company Superwash BFL in Alpine colorway
Are You Kidding Me?!
* Brianne had a very frustrating situation with her yarn choice and swatching. This is why it's not just important to swatch, but also to wash your swatch!!!!!
Gilding The Lily:
* Linda ordered a Sampler Girl notion bag for me and she gave us one for an upcoming contest! Squeeeee!
* Brianne bought a skein of self-striping yarn from TurtleMade on Etsy. Jen also generously donated a yarn and stitchmarker set to the podcast to give away in a contest soon! Yay!
It's a Good Thing!:
* Brianne answered Silvia's question about how daughter Ailish got her name.
Bless your Heart:
* So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it. Colossians 3:12-14 MSG
Postcards from the Ozarks:
* Glade Top Trail Scenic Drive and the infamous Bald Knobbers
This episode's knitting bags can be found at:
* Thirty One Gifts - Retro Metro
* My Pink Boots Shop aka Silvisherr