Thank you so much for joining us for Episode 10, Thu July 31, 2014
We were all set to podcast with younger daughter/sister Heather and actually did record twice, but the computer died both times just as we were getting ready to sign off!
Heather talked about an organization that she's a part of called Girls on the Run. She started running about two years ago and has since ran several 5k's as well as a half marathon! She's currently in training to run another half marathon in a few months and a full marathon next year. We're so proud of her!!!
What We're Wearing:
* Linda is wearing a String Theory cowl that Brianne knit for her gift box and that Linda snagged from said gift box. ;) She also mentioned Peggy from The 100th Sheep and her sister-in-law Ruthann from Sugar Pie Farmhouse.
* Linda loved having lots of family come to visit and being able to share pictures with each other with our iDevices via the Cloud. She also fell in love with Pineapple Whip.
* Brianne had a blast during the Family Glam Girl Night after she and Heather found insanely crazy false eyelashes on clearance at Ulta (their favorite spot for sister dates!)
What We're Knitting:
* Linda is knitting Knit Night shawl made of yarn from The Flying Kettle and green vanilla socks made from Crock O' Dye. She is also playing around with a Tunisian crochet design of her own.
(In between, we also show our ignorance by not knowing the difference between Great Britain and the United Kingdom... answer here. Mom also tells us a bit about oil pulling. And she shows us her Denise Travel Crochet Hooks.)
* Brianne started a new pair of vanilla socks to knit on while family was in town. She also finished the first Lena sock and started the second! Brianne is also swatching for her third Camp Loopy project, which will be a sweater for son, Owen.
What Came Off The Needles:
* Linda finished 2 more Santa Gnome from Susan Claudino's "gnome is where the heart is." Part of Wolfe Farms Susan Claudino Designer Knit Along. She also finished her Passeggiata with yarn by Anzula and handspun from Wool Sundae Yarn Parlor. She ALSO finished her Snapdragon shawl using JulieSpins.
* Brianne has a surprise! It was a mason jar cup cozy using the leftovers of Mom's core spun handspun.
* Linda skeined and set approximately 350 yards of Columbian wool from Eternity Ranch. She is in the middle of spinning a BFL braid from Unwind Yarn Company in the Alpine colorway.
It's a Good Thing!:
* Linda is thankful for Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
* Brianne shared her Salted Caramel Butter Bars. Now with pictures!!!
We wanted you to post a picture of your favorite thing about the place you live and tell us about it.
Used Random.org's random number generator and the winner was #9, Katandia (Leslie) from Birmingham, AL!
Congratulations! I'll contact you on Ravelry to get your mailing address.
Bless your Heart:
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
2 Thessalonians 3:16
Postcards from the Ozarks:
This week we spend a "Day at the Lake". Learn more about Table Rock Lake at http://www.branson.com/
We also showed you Pineapple Whip and Salted Caramel Butter Bars.
This episode's knitting bags can be found at: