Thank you so much for joining us for Episode 13. Today is Friday, Aug 29, 2014
What We're Wearing:
* Linda is wearing Just Knit It inspired by Sampler Girl knit in her handspun yarn in the colorway Pretty Japanese Ladies
* Linda is thankful for the kindness of viewers and Heather who sent Date Cookies and a Book called "You Will Get Through This" by Max Lucado
* Brianne is thrilled that Owen and Ailish have such awesome teachers this year!
What We're Knitting:
* Linda is knitting Elizabeth Cardigan by Classic Elite Yarns in handspun batts from Diamond B Sheep Farm's Shetland blend. She caked up a skein of Dyed by Julia sock yarn in Hibiscus colorway to start a vanilla sock with Fish Lips Kiss Heel and the Lemknitcrochet rounded toe recommended by Dawn and James from Wolfe Farms.
* Brianne has had a busy 2 weeks, but she made a little progress on Owen's Flax by Tincan Knits.
What Came Off The Needles:
* Linda finished Green Socks, Hats-A-Plenty Beret (A Straker Classic Design), Bluebird of Happiness by Sarah Elizabeth Kellner, Just Knit It by Stitchnerd Designs, heart and girl gnome by Susan Claudino,
Spring Fling Squares by Cuddle Me Beanies
* Brianne finished the Lena' Socks! Hooray and finally!!!! She also finished the Family Reunion Socks and can't wait to wear them.
* Linda spun 3-2oz skeins of Navajo Plyed merino from The 100th Sheep.
Are You Kidding Me?!:
* Linda's fancy sipping lid for my jar glass became permanently lodged in place. She definitely would NOT recommend this lid.
* Brianne has a very disappointing problem. Her Lena Socks don't fit! She can't even get her foot in. So off to sister (Heather) they will go this Christmas.
Gilding The Lily:
* Brianne ordered Great Lakes Hand Dyed Ixion sock in the Pensive colorway, because she has a hard time resisting Harry Potter themed anything!
It's a Good Thing!:
* Linda loves Max Lucado "You'll Get Through This" YouTube videos
* Brianne loves the custom made buttons that Rebecca from the Owl Knit With Ewe podcast put on her cardigan. It's a themed sweater and I love the buttons. Rebecca has a fun, quirky podcast and you should take a look!
Fresh Face Giveaway
As we learn to embrace who we are, we are challenging our viewers to take a picture of themselves without their makeup on and post it in the Fresh Face thread on our board.
The contest will run from Sun, August 31 until Sat, Sep 13. One entry per person and no chatter in that thread. The winner will be chosen by random number generator.
Bless Your Heart:
We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. Psalm 33:20-21
Postcards from the Ozarks:
Brianne shares a week in the life of the Keene Family.