Thank you so much for joining us for Episode 7 (Wed, July 2, 2014)
What We're Wearing:
* Linda is wearing the Traveling Companion Shawl
* Brianne is wearing the In Full Bloom cardigan
* Linda made Gooseberry Jam!
* Brianne finally got around to seeing her Raveler #! Out of over 4 million users Brianne was the 221st person to join in April of 2007. Check your Raveler # by going to your About Me page and pressing on the arrow keys this sequence: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, Enter.
What we're knitting:
* Linda is knitting Bluebell Shawl
* Brianne is knitting the Featherweight Cardigan, Bryan's 2014 Christmas Socks, Mendocino shawl, Lena's Socks
What came off the needles:
* Linda finished my Sombrero rug!
Are you kidding me?!:
* Linda frogged the Polworth Handspun Bluebell shawl because it just wasn't a good yarn choice for the pattern.
* Brianne can't seem to knit a project without modifying it. She cast on her Mendocino scarf and knitted several inches before deciding to modify it into a triangular shawl. Make up your mind, self!
Gilding the lily:
* Linda bought three skeins of yarn from JulieSpins for the Nostalgia Shawl. She also received her Columbian fiber from Tamy from Eternity Ranch
* Brianne bought a skein of sock yarn from Freshwater Purls! Hope also generously donated a beautiful skein for a future contest!
* We have surpassed the 150 member mark in our Ravelry group! Yay!!! So that means we get to give away the beautiful yarn from Sam at Wool Sundae Yarn Parlor. We're opening a thread in our group and we want you to post a picture of your favorite thing about the place you live and tell us about it. In order to be eligible to win you must be a member of the group. You can only enter once. The thread will be locked on Tue 7/29 and the winner will be chosen by random number generator.
It's a good thing:
* Linda loves Hot Pink Socks Reviews. This week is Chicken Soup Designs bags with a 10% off coupon code.
* Brianne loves seeing iTunes reviews and star ratings as well as new subscribers on YouTube! These help us get found easier when people search for knitting podcasts.
Bless your heart:
Psalms 139:16 (NLT)
You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.
Postcards from the Ozarks:
This week you get to see what we see whenever we head home
Many thanks to the podcasters who mentioned us! Tammy at The Proverbial Knitter, Dawn from Wolfe Farms
We also mentioned Grammieknitterbug and answered her question about sock toes.
This episode's knitting bags can be found at: